Hanwell Wine Estate Tour & Taste
Set amongst the rolling countryside of South Nottinghamshire, the grapevines at Hanwell Wine Estate are being sustainably hand tended to grow the champagne variety grapes to make English Sparkling Wine.
Hanwell Wine Estate’s Vineyard Experience comprises of:
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: tea or coffee upon arrival. Or purchase a glass of wine from the bar.
- Our Story: Tales of Nottinghamshire vineyard life beginning in the 1970s.
- Vineyard: We’ll guide into the vineyard, sit for orientation, tell you how we care for the vines by hand.
- Explore further Wander as you choose
- Tutored wine tasting to include 6 local wines.
The complete experience lasts 2 hours
Winter and Spring seasons: the vineyard is dormant, the buds begin to swell in May. Vineyard Experiences are held on Saturdays starting at Easter. Winter and Spring dates are released in September.
Summer and Autumn seasons: the vines flower in June, the grapes develop through the Summer and are harvested in October. Tours are scheduled on Saturdays, plus some Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Everything must stop in October so we can focus on the grape harvest. Summer and Autumn dates are released in May.
Private Group Vineyard Experiences – learn about vineyard life and taste our wines – ideal for groups like WI, U3A, Rotary, networking groups and wine circles.