2024 Marks The 80th Anniversary of the D-Day Landings.
Today, Melton continues to honour the bravery and sacrifice of those who fought on that fateful day, ensuring that the legacy of D-Day remains an integral part of its history and identity.
1940s Melton Mowbray weekender will commemorate the occasion and pay tribute to the heroes of World War II.
Melton Mowbray will be transformed into the 1940s with activities, fashion and music characterising a period when Britain was at war. The event starts at 10am and runs through to 5pm on both days with a spectacular parade through town on the Sunday morning.
A weekend of 40s themed entertainment, vintage stalls, re-enactments from the era, vintage cars, living history displays, 1940’s live music and plenty of delicious food and drink.
Come and enjoy the atmosphere; a fantastic event for all the family.
Free coach parking available – must be reserved in advance. Email email@example.com
A few highlights
- Re-enactments and displays with lots of characters dressed in period clothes wandering around.
- Parade through the town centre on the Sunday involving many people who lived through those years.
- Display of 1940s wedding dresses in St Mary’s Church and a fashion show
- Guided Talks from local historian Brian Fare – HistoryFare Tours
- 40s vintage shopping area
- 40s entertainment & music in the Bandstand